Do you like burgers? Are you tired of eating bad ones? Or just straight up mediocre? Join the line!
All is well, however, because someone has done the honours of sharing the best recipe for the classic food staple.
Fear not, this burger is relatively simple to make.
Vincenzo Prosperi of Vincenzo’s Plate fame, shared a video tutorial in case written instructions aren’t your thing.
If they are however, read on. As per their site:
- Best burger recipe in town means the most delicious sauce! Start by combining mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and maple syrup together. Mix really well, until you get a smooth consistency.
- Cut the milk bun in half and add a small amount of butter (if you like it).
- Next, make sure you have heated up your hot plate, and place the bread on top, inside of each side, facing down.
- Let it toast until it browns nicely, as this will ensure yours will be the best burger recipe friends will fight over — it will help keep any moisture out of the bread, and mean it isn’t soggy!
- Squirt some sauce on the bottom of the burger bun — but not too much (don’t worry, you’ll add even more to the top!)
- Then add 3 pickles, a couple of small leaves of green ochre lettuce and 2 slices of tomato.
- Best burger recipe means there must be bacon! So, place 3 strips of bacon on the hot plate, let it sizzle and crisp up for a few minutes, before turning it over and making sure to cook the other side just as well.
- Using tongs, place the bacon into a bowl full of maple syrup and leave it to soak and infuse for a few minutes.
- Next, cook up your smash patty by placing it on the hot plate, pressing down on it, then on all edges. Add some salt and pepper, and when the juices begin oozing out, flip it over to reveal crispy, crumb-like texture and let the other side cook.
- Add 2 slices of cheese on top of the patty while it is still cooking, so it melts perfectly while it’s still nice and hot! Mouth-watering yet? Almost there!
- Once the smash patty is cooked to perfection, place it on a resting rack, so all the juices drip off (and don’t end up making your bread wet!)
- While the best burger patty and cheese is resting, add the bacon strips on top, by using tongs and making sure the maple syrup drips off it first.
- Transfer the smash patty with cheese and bacon to the top of the tomatoes…add a GENEROUS amount of sauce to the top of the bun and place it on top.
- Press down slightly…..and EAT AWAY.
That’s it. How easy is that? And LOOK at that thing.